Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Poetry Post! #1

I promised myself I would write a poem every day this summer, and write my novel. So, to add to the incentive, I will post whatever I have at the time, embarrassing, unfinished, or otherwise. Wheeee! Here is the first one I will post, the first one of the ones I wrote here at work:

Excuse me
pardon me
I'm sorry to bother you but
I don't mean to be a nuissance but
I just wanted to say
I just needed to say
If you don't mind
If it is not too much trouble
And I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable but
And I know that you probably will think I'm crazy, but
I just wanted you to know
I just wanted to show
Without ruining what we have
Without making this awkward
I just had to get this of my chest
I just needed to get this out
I just really wanted to shout
And I know what you might say
I know what you're probably thinking
But I would really appreciate if you'd oblige
Just a little bit of a consolation
I know this might make me seem complainy
But please remove your knife from my skull
(My shirt is getting quite brainy)

No comments:

Post a Comment